Designing a box for your product is a convoluted task. There are many aspects to consider, including the costs and physical protection of the product, but at the end of the day, you have to create an unboxing experience for your consumers. If you are worried about the costs, here are 8 easy but smart tips to save on product packaging.
- Don’t print a lot. Printing and graphics can add costs to the product box, so you may want to go for minimalism, which is a trend that many brands, even the high-end ones, are adopting. Minimalism is all about keeping the design as simple and effective, as possible.
- Focus on the box size. If the product box is too huge, you will need extra packaging to keep the item in place. Ensure that the box is customized for the product, and not the other way around.
- Order in bulk. It goes without saying that if you order packaging boxes in bulk, you can always ask for a better discount. A bit of negotiation, and you can find the right deal. Most companies that deal in boxes have a minimal order size, so check for that too.
- Get warehousing services. Many packaging companies, such as Belley’s warehouse, also offer warehousing services, so you can actually save considerable money that’s otherwise spent on commercial space. Warehousing services are really handy for small brands that want to go easy to their production process.
- Go for simpler boxes. Instead of spending huge on creating a complicated box, go for something simple. Customization is still important, but don’t go overboard with your design aspirations.
- Work with a reliable packaging manufacturer. If you can find a company that deals in product boxes in bulk and has extended production capabilities, it automatically translates into better prices and services.
- Find those unnecessary extras. Are you using more packaging material than required? Are your spending more layered packaging? Does the box design make it easy to ship the product? Check and find answers to all these relevant aspects, so that you are not spending more than the needs of the product.
- Go for corrugated boxes. While a box must be designed for the product in a tailored way, you have to check for sustainable options such as corrugated boxes. This not only reduces your costs, but also adds brand value as people want to associate with sustainable brands.
Check online now to find more on product packaging companies near you!